Reading List 2020
Last year, I read 28 books. This year, I read 34. Towards the end of last year, I wrote a short post listing my favourites, and so this post does the same for 2020.
The books listed below are books that had a marked impact on me. I enjoyed most of the 34 I read, but of them these are the ones I would most highly recommend:
- The Easter Parade, Richard Yates (1976)
- Fireweed, Jill Paton Walsh (1969)
- Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro (2005)
- Stoner, John Williams (1965)
- The Epic of Gilgamesh, unknown author (edited by Andrew R. George) (c. 1800 BC)
- The Inner Citadel, Pierre Hadot (1998)
- On The Nature of Things, Lucretius (first century BC)
- Warhead, Jeff Henigson (2019)
This is likely the last post of the year, so I’ll take the opportunity to wish everybody reading a merry Christmas. Let’s hope 2021 is a good year (though I suspect it will most certainly not be).