The Quiz Part 14
Greetings, ‘The Quiz’ returns for the 14th year in a row with questions covering entertainment, events that are both current and historical as well as one question on our very own Write Wise. Last year proved to be a bit difficult for the contenders with Mark and Joh tying first place with 6 points out of 10 and Aaron not far behind on 4 points. It is quite possible that there will be a shake up in the rankings this time around with one or two tricky questions that could trip some bloggers up in their quest to win. As is always the case, the answers are below the questions and are located underneath the ‘Spoilers!’ tag. Please remember to put your scores in the comments and best of luck in your quizzing!
1. ‘Gone with the Wind’ was one of the first motion pictures to make use of the expletive ‘damn’ in its script but what was the famous line, which contained this word, that Rhett Butler uttered to Scarlett O’Hara in the concluding scene?
2. Who said this? – “Yes, I am, uh... I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no, uh, conscience, no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes, the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up, because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil.”
3. Which British monarch was the subject of the 2018 film ‘The Favourite’ and the queen who oversaw the Third Indian War?
4. Place these Indiana Jones Films in the order of their release dates – A. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade B. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc C. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull D. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
5. In what year was ‘Casablanca’, staring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, released?
6. What is the title of the ‘Karate Kid’ spin off television series that is named after Miyago-Do’s opposing team in the first film?
7. Name the character.
8. Unscramble the letters to reveal an actress – EFYA WYDAANU
9. Do the Write Wise entries ‘Demons’, ‘Guardian: The Lone Wolf and the Pack’ and ‘The Imposter Series: The Curse’ all contain a character with lycanthropy?
10. Which business magnate bought the social media platform Twitter in 2022 after a successful hostile takeover bid?
1. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”
2. Dr Sam Loomis
3. Anne, Queen of Great Britain
4. B. D. A. C.
6. Cobra Kai
7. Dr Herbert West – The Re-Animator
8. Faye Dunaway
9. Yes – Terry Holloway, Dr Bernard Charles and Bruce Harper all have a werewolf alter ego
10. Elon Musk
Quote of the Day
I don't pass sentence. That's for the courts to decide. But this time - this time - I am sorely tempted to do the job myself!
Batman: The Animated Series